Germany wins gold medal in men’s hockey
Germany defeated Spain 1-0 to win the gold medal in men’s hockey at the Beijing Olympics.
Christopher Zeller was the only goal scorer for the game.
Earlier in the day, Australia crushed the Netherlands 6-2 to win bronze.
Sabine Spitz from Germany has won the gold medal in the women’s cross country mountain bike. Spitz won the world championships in 2003 and won a bronze medal at the Athens games.
Maja Wloszczowska of Poland won the silver medal and Irina Kalentyeva of Russia won bronze.
Lena Schoneborn of Germany has won the gold medal in women’s modern pentathlon.
Heather Fell from Great Britain won the silver medal and Victoria Tereshuk of Ukraine won the bronze.
Argentina wins bronze in women’s hockey
Argentina have won the bronze medal in the women’s hockey, beating Germany 3-1.
Claudia Burkart (11th minute), Carla Rebecchi (23rd) and Noel Barrionuevo (62nd) scored the goals for Argentina. Anke Kuehn scored Germany’s only goal.
Belarus wins gold in men’s K4 1000 meters
Belarus has won the gold medal in the men’s K4 1000 meters. The silver medal went to Slovakia and bronze to Germany.
Germany wins gold medal in women’s 500m K4
Germany has won the gold medal in women’s 500 meter K4.
Hungary won the silver medal and Australia has won the bronze.
SZABO Gabriella Timea
Anky van Grunsven from the Netherlands has won the gold medal in individual dressage.
Isabell Werth from Germany won the silver medal and the bronze was won by Heike Kemmer also from Gemany.
- Matthias Steiner wins world strongest man title
- China wins gold in men’s team table tennis
- China wins first gold medal ever in rowing - women’s quad fours
- Britta Steffen from Germany wins women’s 50m freestyle
- Great Britain wins gold in men’s team sprint - cycling
- Britta Steffen wins women’s 100 meter freestyle sets OR
- Germany wins gold medal in dressage team event - equestrian
- Aslanbek Khushtov of Russia wins gold medal in greco-roman 96kg