United States win gold in men’s volleyball
The United States defeated Brazil 20-25, 25-22, 25-21, 25-23 to win the gold medal in the men’s volleyball competition.
Russia defeated Italy to win the bronze medal.
Brazil have won its first gold medal in women’s volleyball, defeating the United States 25-15, 18-25, 25-13, 25-21.
China won the bronze medal.
Maria del Rosario Espinoza from Mexico has won the gold medal in the women’s 67kg plus division of taekwondo.
Nina Solheim from Norway won the silver medal. Sarah Stevenson from Great Britain and Natalia Falavigna from Brazil won bronze medals.
Brazil wins bronze medal in men’s football
Brazil defeated Belgium 3-0 to claim the bronze medal in the men’s football.
Diego scored one goal and Jo scored the other two.
Maurren Higa Maggi of Brazil has won the gold medal in the women’s long jump with a distance of 7.04 meters.
Tatyana Lebedeva of Russia won the silver medal and Blessing Okagbare from Nigeria won the bronze medal.
Philip Dalhausser and Todd Rogers from the United States have defeated Fabio Magalhaes and Marcio Araujo of Brazil in a close match to win the gold medal in the men’s volleyball.
Brazil also took the bronze medal in the men’s beach volleyball in an earlier match.
Ricardo Santos and Emanuel Rego of Brazil beat Georgian pair Jorge Terceiro and Renato Gomes in the bronze medal match of men’s beach volleyball.
They won in two sets 21-15, 21-10.
- United States beat Brazil to take gold in Extra Time
- Pele disappointed with Brazil’s loss to Argentina
- Great Britain pair win gold in the star - sailing event
- China wins bronze medal in women’s beach volleyball
- Todd Rogers and Philip Dalhausser make it through to beach volleyball final
- Argentina defeat Brazil 3-0 to advance to final
- Argentina plays Brazil in the football semi-final tonight
- Another gold to Australia in sailing - women’s 470