Only six months has passed since the Beijing Olympics and the Birds Nest stadium which hosted the spectacular opening and closing ceremonies is already beginning to lose its shine.
The paint is peeling and stains have appeared on its famous lattice design.
Accelerating the deterioration of the iconic National Stadium is the absence of a permanent tenant. [...]
The Olympics are now over, but my adventures continue.
You can continue following my travels in Asia here.
The opening ceremony for the Paralympics was held last night in Beijing. The ceremony was spectacular but perhaps not on the scale of the ceremony for the Beijing Olympics.
Most of the show was performed by people with disabilities, including Li Yue, who lost her left leg in the Sichuan earthquake and performed [...]
- Paralympic display in Tiananmen Square
- Volkswagon Olympic cars
- Beijing ticket scammers getting ready for London
- Beijing’s answer to pollution - cloud seeding
- Beijing has 6.52 million visitors for the Olympics
- Day 16: August 24th 2008
- Closing ceremony - what did you think?
- Closing ceremony gets under away
- France wins gold in men’s handball
- United States defeat Spain to win gold in men’s basketball
- Hungary defeats U.S. to win gold in men’s water polo
- Roberto Cammarelle from Italy wins gold in boxing super heavyweight